Peace: It’s in everyone’s heart!
Or is it?
When we are born, we are innocent, we are at peace, we are love, we are compassion, and there is no hate, no greed, no envy, and no spite, just PEACE.
So what goes wrong?
From day one we watch and learn.
The love and the peace slowly get’s knocked out of us by our parents, our siblings, our families, our friends, our teachers, our neighbors, our supervisors, our leaders, our peers, by our governments and society.
Deep down, Love and Peace is there; it is STILL in our hearts, we just need to go deep inside and find it and it can be done! We can be at peace with ourselves, with others and with the world.
So who am I to say anything about Peace and Love…Well I’m nobody, I’m just a man, a husband, a father, a friend, a business leader, a peer…someone who cares! Someone with passion, someone who wants to make a difference to this world, someone who wants to see this world change for the better, someone who wants to see peace in his lifetime, someone who wants to see smiles on peoples faces, someone who wants to see the end of famine, someone who wants to see the environment heal, someone who wants to swim in the ocean with out the fear of pollution, someone who wants to see the end to endless greed by the few at the expense of the many, someone who wants to see justice done to the so called leaders of this world who continue to take and give nothing in return……Where will it all end, and can I make a difference?
Lao Tzu shared these quotes with us and I think he any many other sage’s, God’s and Masters left us with words that we have forgotten, like we have forgotten that WE STILL HAVE PEACE AND LOVE in our HEARTS:-
- ‘The Journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step”
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.”
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.”
- “The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.”
- “Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time,’ is like saying, ‘I don’t want to.”“Be content with what you have;
- “Rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”
- “A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.”
- “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”
- “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.”
- “Stop thinking, and end your problems.”
- “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”
- “Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.”
- “Act without expectation.”
- “If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”
- “To lead people, walk beside them …As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence. The next best, the people honor and praise. The next, the people fear; and the next, the people hate …When the best leader’s work is done the people say,We did it ourselves!”
- “I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.”
- “Because of a great love, one is courageous.”
- “Your own positive future begins in this moment. All you have is right now. Every goal is possible from here.”
- “If a person seems wicked, do not cast him away. Awaken him with your words, elevate him with your deeds, repay his injury with your kindness. Do not cast him away; cast away his wickedness.”
- “If you want to know me, look inside your heart.”
I just want to finish this short post with these words OF WISDOM…
“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”